Housing Authority

In addition to the provision of public housing in metropolitan and country areas of Western Australia, the Housing Authority also provides rental assistance and offers a range of home ownership initiatives.

Rental assistance covers a diverse range of initiatives like bond assistance loans, facilitating more affordable rental through the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) and the management of housing in remote Aboriginal communities.

Western Australians who want to become home owners can also benefit from a number of initiatives including First Homebuyer Assistance, Keystart Home Loans, shared home ownership and the rental sales scheme that assists our tenants interested in purchasing their rental property. A summary of affordable housing options is available at the Affordable Housing portal.  

The Homeless Advisory Service provides information to primary and secondary homeless people that will help them seek their own accommodation.

The WA Housing Hub provides a directory of crisis accommodation, tenancy support, home ownership options and other support services available across Western Australia.

Community Housing Organisations

Find out more about some of the organisations which can assist with social housing:

Interesting facts

About Public Housing tenant income types.


Are on aged pensions


Are on disability or medical support pensions


Are on parental or caring pensions